The United Way of Greater Fall River helps to fund programs and services for 31 health and human services in Greater Fall River. In 2012, we raised $1,400,000 and helped 51,000 community members.
In addition to our annual fundraising campaign, we also provide:
- Annual Community Impact Grants to local non-profit agencies for new programs
- A Familywize Prescription Discount Program
- Mass 211, a 24 hours, 7 days a week referral hotline for non-emergency calls
- Support to the local Teach for America program
- An on-line Volunteer Center at www.uwgfr.org
- Picture IDs for the homeless through Project Homeless Connect
- Support for disasters through our Disaster Fund
Our mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of our communities - Fall River, Westport, Somerset, Swansea, Assonet, Tiverton and Little Compton - to advance the common good of all.
To do this, we will:
- Ignite a social movement, and thereby mobilize thousands to action - to give, advocate and volunteer to improve the conditions in which they live.
- Galvanize and connect all sectors of society - individuals, businesses, non-profit organizations and governments - to create long-term social change that produces healthy, well-educated and financially-stable individuals and families.
- Raise, invest and leverage millions of funds annually in philanthropic contributions to create and support innovative programs and approaches to generate sustained impact in Greater Fall River.
- Hold ourselves accountable to this cause through our steadfast commitment to continually measure - in real terms - improvement in education, income and health.